Last updated: 13 May, 2019
1. Terms & Conditions
2. Rights, obligations and code of ethics for guides
3. Your Privacy
The term ‘Kalipso’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Rr. Haxhi Hysen Dalliu, p.1, sh.1, a. 13. The term ‘you’ refers to the user (traveler or guide) or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• This website may also include links to third party websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Albania.
The guide should offer a professional service, cautious, devoted, equal and without distinction to all the tourists to whom the service is provided.
During the exercise of his activity, the guide, in personal relations with every tourist, must:
• Be polite and friendly
• Dress in appropriate manner
• Not consume and not be under the effect of alcohol, or any other psychotropic substance, or drugs that brings down logical abilities.
• Respect the religious faith of every tourist.
• Respect the personality, practices, rituals and culture of every tourist
• Be conscious and responsible for the security of every individual
The guide, except for the free time, should accompany the tourist during the whole time of the trip.
The guide is obliged to report to the closest tourist authority and, when the case is unforeseen by law, to any police authority, any incident resulting in the violation of moral, physical integrity, damage to health or the violation of the tourist's life.
During the exercise of his profession, the guide is prohibited from selling or buying any kind of product from any tourist, or attempting to obtain a tourist benefit, whether this monetary or otherwise, except for the payment or reward it receives for the exercise of his activity.
The guide is impartial and positive, commenting on any event or fact in an objective manner and based on official data and documents. He should not give the tourist a personal opinion, but is obliged to provide accurate, unbiased information and without religious, racial, gender, economic, social, political, etc. prejudice.
The guide, in every case, while offering its services, promotes and respects nature, history, cultural and spiritual heritage, as well as the traditions of the Albanian people and, in educational form, strives to bring these values to the tourist.
All certified guides are bound to respect the regulations described in VKM Nr.692 dt. 5.10.2016.
All touristic operators are bound to respect the regulations described in VKM Nr.710 dt. 12.10.2016.
All travel agencies are bound to respect the regulations described in VKM Nr.709 dt 12.10.2016
Kalipso is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Kalipso may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13th May 2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Your name
• Contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To enhance your experience on our sites, many of our web pages’ use "cookies". Cookies are small text files that we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personal information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering your interest in a vehicle or submitting the ‘sourcing’ form. Once you choose to provide a web page with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie is like an identification card. It is unique to your computer and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.
Cookies save you time as they help us to remember who you are. Cookies help us to be more efficient. We can learn about what content is important to you and what is not. We can revise or remove web pages that are not of interest and focus our energies on content you want.
If you want to control which cookies, you accept. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies or to alert you every time a cookie is offered by a website's server. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. You may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies.
Please be aware that if you do not configure your browser you will accept cookies provided by this website.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies or to alert you every time a cookie is offered by a website's server.